First things first, congratulations on launching your new company! Second, against popular belief, you do not need to create an account for your new business on every social media platform that is available. Of course, if you want to promote your brand/business, social media is a great place to start. With over 70 percent of Americans on these platforms multiple times throughout the day, this is where most of your content will be seen.
What is Social Media Marketing and What are the Benefits?
If you wanted to promote a product or brand in the past, you trusted newspapers, billboards, sidewalk benches, TV and radio commercials to get your name out there. Now, all your future customers have to do is open an app on their smartphones.
With social media marketing, you can create content to promote your business on various platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Snapchat. These platforms are where you can create unique content tailored to your specific brand voice. Companies now also have the option to boost conversations and create a dialogue between the brand and its customers.
But why social media? Here are the top reasons why you need a social profile.
Increase Your Brand Awareness
According to Hubspot, in 2018 there were over 3.2 billion people on social media globally. That’s A LOT of potential people seeing your brand. With this amount of people on these platforms sharing content related to your products as well as details about your company, there is great potential to improve your brand awareness.
Generate Leads and Boost Conversions
Thank goodness we have evolved from relying on foot traffic into our stores to sell our goods. Want to know the easiest way to promote and sell your products? Share a photo of them on your social network. This is the simplest way to improve lead generation and ultimately increase your sales. Here are some easy things you can do as well:
- Create promotions: Followers love monthly giveaways, discount codes and of course, free shipping when they spend more than a certain amount.
- Include links to your website and offers: They should always be included in the bio or “about” sections of your profile.
- Host live videos: This is your #1 form for organic content. People want to interact with and support people, not necessarily a brand. Live videos give a face to your company and someone your viewers and followers can relate to and engage with.
- Implement a strategy: Just as you would with traditional marketing, your social campaigns should have a strategy as well. You should know what you’re posting, when and where you’re posting it, and most importantly, why you’re posting it.
- Sell your products through your social profiles: There are several platforms that now offer a shop feature on their pages. Facebook’s Shop Section lets you show and sell products right to people on the platform. Instagram has an even bigger platform for you to sell through — 130 million Instagram users tap on a shopping post to learn more about the products every month.
Foster Relationships with Customers
Don’t just make your posts and call it a day. You need to use these platforms to engage with your fans. What are they interested in? What products do they like the most? Which products do they find most beneficial? Respond to comments, questions and reviews. Let them know that there is someone behind the profile picture.
Learn from Competitors
Social media provides the perfect opportunity to spy on the competition, not only in the sense of what they are sharing/posting but what their consumers are saying about their products. Do they like them? Did they have a bad customer experience? By looking into their profiles, you can decide what changes you could implement to help grow your brand.
Too Busy for Social? We Can Help
Running a business can keep you pretty busy throughout your days. If you feel like adding a social profile would add just one more task to your to-do list, let us help you. We can monitor, manage and optimize your social profiles for you. Interested in our services? Contact us to learn more about we can help your business get social.
Since its inception in 2000, Proclaim Interactive has combined excellence in design and think-out-of- the-box digital marketing to become one of the most award-winning firms in the region. Proclaim Interactive provides website design, social media management, SEO and general marketing services designed to amplify clients’ messages. For more information call 910.795.4143.